Dear readers, for cable cars and sights around Lake Hallstatt and the Gosau Valley, the rules applies: Vaccinated. Tested. Recovered. We have summarised for you below, the most important testing opportunities in Hallstatt, Bad Goisern, the Gosau Valley, Obertraun and Bad Ischl. Please register online or by phone.
3G applies to all tourism businesses: guests have access if they have been vaccinated, tested or recovered.
In order to avoid waiting times, please come to the catering trade already tested.
(No test requirement in retail and when picking up in restaurants because less than 15 minutes)
Upper Austria Tourism: www.oberoesterreich.at/service/aktuelle-information.html
Opening rules WKO: www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.at/#lp-pom-block-2481
1. Negative PCR test (valid for 3 days)
2. Negative antigen test from test street, pharmacy, etc. (valid for 2 days)
3. Negative controlled self-test (valid for 2 days)
4. School tests for access also apply to children
5. New from 19.5. Recognition of living room tests using a QR code (valid for 1 day): In addition to the five test kits per person from the pharmacy to date, every household will receive a pack of 20 test kits per month including QR codes from May 18th. Take a picture of the QR code and your negative test result. The confirmation will be sent by email or SMS. This is recognized as an entry test for 24 hours.
Vaccination: Proof by means of a vaccination certificate, vaccination card or printout. Valid from the 22nd day after the first vaccination.
Recovery: separation notice (up to 6 months after recovery), antibody test (up to 3 months nG)
Tests for domestic and foreign guests
- Please arrive with a test in your pocket (for foreign guests a corresponding test certificate is required when crossing the border)
- Rapid antigen tests can be carried out in public test stations (valid for 48 hours; also for foreign guests without an Austrian e-card)
- Self-test under supervision in the municipalities (valid for 48 hours; also for foreign guests without an Austrian e-card)
- Self-tests and living room tests with QR code or official registration (valid for 24 hours; attention: this test does not apply to border crossings) - Austrian guests, including those from other federal states, can bring these tests with them from home and also use them on vacation. They apply throughout Austria.
- Please note: rapid antigen tests in pharmacies are only available for Austrians with an e-card (valid for 48 hours)
- Point of sale tests are an "emergency solution" for companies to test guests who cannot show a negative COVID-19 test (valid only in this one company)
6 free test centers
Due to the current situation, changes can occur at any time.
We look forward to your visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut and wish you a relaxing and restful holiday. See you in the heart of Austria.
Your editorial team.