The unique sound experience in the Dachstein Giant Ice Cave Salzkammergut
In August, the Dachstein Giant Ice Cave transforms from a popular excursion destination in the Salzkammergut region to a unique concert hall!
Internationally renowned musicians and cabaret artists from all styles perform here in a special atmosphere and inspire with anything but frosty sounds!
In the Dachstein Giant Ice Cave - one of the largest ice caves in the world - THE musical highlight of the Salzkammergut takes place every year. The concert series "Eisklang" offers a unique acoustic and visual experience in the mystical Parsifaldom of the Dachstein ice cave.
In a crystal-clear atmosphere and in front of bizarre ice formations, you can listen to the sounds of a wide variety of styles, from classical music to jazz improvisations and swinging blues and boogie.
International musicians, some of whom are engaged in world-famous orchestras, transform the unique ambience with brilliant, dreamlike sounds into a concert hall in which one gets goose bumps not only because of the temperatures.
The Hollerschnapszuzler are the successors of the legendary Goiserer Viergesang, under the direction of Klaus Neuper together with the trumpeter of the Vienna State Opera Fred Gaal.
Atmospheric yodels accompanied on the Schimmel glass grand piano are found in the dreamy and at the same time lively melodies of Haydn's brilliant trumpet concerto.
- until 04:30 p.m.: Ascent with the cable car from the valley station to the middle station Schönbergalm
- 04:45 p.m.: Champagne reception for the visitors at the Schönbergalm
- 05:20 p.m.: Accompanied by experienced cave guides, you will walk from the middle station Schönbergalm towards the Dachstein Giant Ice Cave. After a short walk of 15 to 20 minutes you will reach the ice cave. Here you can expect a guided tour through the fascinating ice world of the Dachstein and as a highlight the ice sound concert in the Parsivaldom.
- 06:20 p.m.: Concert in the Parsifal Dome
- 07:15 p.m.: Guided tour to the cave exit via the Tristan Dome
- 07:30 p.m.: Meet and Greet with the musicians at the Schönbergalm
- From 07:30 p.m. to 08:30 p.m.: descent with the cable car
Book accommodation for the Eisklang now
Hotels and accommodation providers in Hallstatt, Bad Goisern, Gosau and Obertraun offer the ideal room or apartment for your holidays, no matter what your tastes. Aside from establishments rated according to the international "star" scale, you will also find around Lake Hallstatt in Austria businesses that have been awarded two to four "edelweiss". The more flowers, the greater comforts you can expect. Whether you eventually find your cozy nest in an elegant 5-star luxury hotel, at comfortable guesthouse, a family-friendly apartment, or on a traditional farm, the choice is always entirely up to you.